Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Young Lady, Step AWAY from the Fragrance Counter!!

I like to think of myself as a Connoisseur of perfumes. I think it just sounds a heck of a lot nicer than disgustingly obsessed. The scents, the bottles, the ads!!! What's not to love?? A delicious fragrance is the easiest and quickest way to feel instantly chic.
I have very few rules for myself, one of them being never EVER leave the house without at least two coats of mascara, never ever EVER under any circumstances leave the house in pajamas, sweats, Ugg boots, or anything of that nature by penalty of death! And lastly, never leave the house without a quick spritz (or four) of some awesome scent. Especially when one's day consists of standing behind a counter, smiling at cute boys all day. DUH! What good are you if you smell horrendous?!.....I digress.
Yadda yadda yadda, here are some of my all time favorites.
Numero Un... Daisy by Marc Jacobs. Not only because everything the man touches is pure perfection, but simply because the fragrance itself smells like a Spring picnic basket filled with baby apples, flower fields, and rainbows! And the bottle, are you kidding me? I have 2 bottles of this stuff.














Numero Deux... Chanel No. 5. Liquid chic. 'Nough said.














Numero Trois... Viktor & Rolf, Flowerbomb. Everyone is different, but my body LOVES this stuff. This scent stays with me all day, plus I smell like a giant box of Nerds candy.














Numero Quatre... Chloe. Maybe I'm biased. This girl is a huge fan of the fashion house. Hannah MacGibbon has done fantastic things since taking over as Creative Director in 2008. The ads feature three amazing women, Choe Sevigny, Anja Rubik, and Clemence Posey. The fragrance itself is super clean, super fresh, super clean. Amazing.











Numero Cinq... Parisienne by Yves Saint Laurent. I originally wanted this perfume because of the commercial that came out during the last holiday season. Legend, Kate Moss as the ultimate French sexpot. Who doesn't want to smell like they just bathed themselves in rose water?? YSL is forever perfection.



















Numero Six... Flora by Gucci. Words just wont do.

1 comment: